[mythtv-users] Losing S-Video after about 20+ minutes?

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Sun Dec 17 21:39:10 UTC 2006

I just separated my FE and BE in to two different machines.  With the
new machine (a shuttle) as the front end, everything is working
beautifully aside from a couple of remote related issues (lircd).

However, after watching for 20+ minutes (it happened twice, so far), the
screen goes blank.  The machine is connected only to a TV via S-Video.

I can connect in to the machine via VNC and see the everything as it
should be.  If I switch to runlevel 3, then back to 5 again, S-Video
comes back.

As an aside, the video card is *exactly* the same card that was in my
FE/BE system.  I pulled the video card and put it in this FE-only machine.

Any ideas?  I made sure there is no screensaver running.. I just don't
know where else to look.

-Rich