[mythtv-users] Mythtv NFS and QoS

jmyers at huskywatch.com jmyers at huskywatch.com
Sun Dec 17 13:05:11 UTC 2006

Hey everyone. Currently I am running Mythtv (0.19) and using a 900GB NAS
over nfs as the primary storage. At one point I purchased a new rack mount
switch (D-Link Layer 2 Switch) and it has caused many issues whereby as
soon as Myth tried to write to the nas it started getting timeouts. Once I
put it back on a desktop switch all was well... I still want to put in a
rackmount switch and I am considering two different Linksys switches. The
crux of my question is, one of these switches has QoS and the other
doesn't. Is this important when using nfs for the mythtv store? I it going
to cost quite a bit more to have it, and I want to make sure I am going to
benefit from it. Does anyone have any answers to this???? I know it is
supposed to help with voip and other real-time apps, but I'm not sure is
this would benefit from QoS....

Thanks heaps everyone.....

Regards,

Jamie Myers
http://www.huskywatch.com

It said requires Windows XP or better........ So I installed Linux!

I'd love to change the world....... But they wont give me the source code!