[mythtv-users] Sorta-OT... Listening to Sirius through MythTV (revisited)

Eric Holt eric-mythtv at skoozdag.com
Sun Dec 17 01:40:08 UTC 2006

Hey folks. I brought this up a while back, but didnt really get anywhere
with it. I really want to be able to listen to my Sirius online
subscription through my MythTV box when I'm not watching any television.

I found a very kewl Python script that some guy wrote that lets you
listen to Sirius from the command line, and it works GREAT.

Now, the question is... how do we incorporate this into MythTV somehow?

I've never really done GUI programming before, I'm a behind-the-scenes
PHP guy, mainly. I'm certainly willing to learn though. Or help someone
with the project, if someone else more talented has the time to work on
a project like this.

I know I'm not the only person interested in something like this... So,
the question is -- where do I begin, or is there someone here interested
in getting started?

The script I mentioned above is called "sipie", and can be found here:
http://eli.criffield.net/sipie/

or, also can be found on Freshmeat at:
http://freshmeat.net/projects/sipie/

Thanks!