[mythtv-users] dual tuner card

S2 s2.akira at tin.it
Sat Dec 16 18:22:42 UTC 2006

hi all!
i have a dual tuner card DVB-S and DVB-T (and anaolg, but i leave that
out for now). It's the hauppauge HVR-3000. This card allows only one
tuner to be used at time.
the driver creates a directory structure like this:
/dev/dvb/
--- adapter0
    |-- demux0
    |-- demux1
    |-- dvr0
    |-- dvr1
    |-- frontend0
    |-- frontend1
    |-- net0
    `-- net1

Kaffeine works like a charm with it (btw, in kaffeine I can watch and
record 2 channels at the same time if they are on the same multiplex. is
this possible in mythtv too?). But Mythtv does not recognize the two
tuners on the same adapte, so I made links like this:

/dev/dvb/
|-- adapter0
|   |-- demux0
|   |-- demux1
|   |-- dvr0
|   |-- dvr1
|   |-- frontend0
|   |-- frontend1
|   |-- net0
|   `-- net1
`-- adapter1
    |-- demux0 -> /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux1
    |-- dvr0 -> /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr1
    `-- frontend0 -> /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend1

this way I can configure both cards with mythtv, but then it does not
work, because I get

2006-12-16 19:01:33.549 DVBChan(0) Error: Opening DVB frontend device
failed.
                        eno: Device or resource busy (16)

is it possible to tel mythtv to close the first tuner before using the
second some way?

Thanks for reading!
Simon