[mythtv-users] IMDB lookups cause crash

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Fri Dec 15 21:19:01 UTC 2006

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_Rendering_Infrastructure

> I do need the OpenGL
> acceleration to at least have good video performance in movies.  I'm
> still trying to get either VideoOverlay or TexturedVideo working and
> am having issues.  Can't seem to find a driver version where at least
> one of them works correctly along with xorg 7.1.

Disabling DRI will be unpleasant.

> What is the symbol visibility option?  Are you referring to some
> changes in myth that has made it into Svn?  If so I wouldn't mind
> trying it out on another front-end, but not on the main (production)
> myth box.

The option allows for explicit symbol visibility (with an option to hide all
inlines). The actual cause of the ATI + DRI + gcc + MythVideo crash is that
when the DRI layer is loaded MythVideo finds a chunk of the wrong
std::vector<int> implementation, the one in ATI's DRI layer, the one that
uses an older libc. It finds this because the promise of symbol versioning
is more lie than promise (template instantiations are not versioned).

When you build Myth (from SVN) just add the --enable-symbol-visibility
option when running configure.

--
Anduin Withers