[mythtv-users] avidemux(2) unrecognized file detected

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Fri Dec 15 15:57:25 UTC 2006

I usually use avidemux2 to edit recordings. My recordings are done with
PVRx50's and saved in MPEG2. I have a recording from last night that I
wanted to do some cutting to save space and when I try to open it,
avidemux responds that it's an "unrecognized file detected...".

I've tried opening it with avidemux(linux), avidemux2(linux), and
avidemux2(windows). None of them will open it. No changes have been made
to my recording options, but I did start this recording by hitting 'R'
and not through a schedule.

VLC and Windows Media Player open the file, but it jumps right at the
beginning, and audio and video are out of sync.

Playing the recording on mythfrontend seems to be fine. This program
does not look like it will be replayed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
James