[mythtv-users] Audio, but No Volume Control

Mr. Demeanour mrdemeanour at jackpot.uk.net
Thu Dec 14 20:35:20 UTC 2006

Tom Corcoran wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have spent some time configuring my new MythTV box and am nearly
> ready to start enjoying it bar one problem, I cannot control the
> volume!  The volume is set at 'midrange' and when I turn up or down
> the volume via hotkeys it makes no difference whatsoever.

So I've had a very similar problem - the [ and ] keys move the slider on
the OSD volume display, but the volume doesn't change.

I had the audio device set to ALSA:default, and the mixer device was set
to /dev/mixer. Someone said (in a throwaway remark, I think; but I noted
it) that the mixer should also be set to ALSA:default.

I have finally had a chance to try that, and it worked. If you haven't
tried this, it may work for you.

--
Jack.