[mythtv-users] Moving through "Watch Recordings" slow?

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 19:49:50 UTC 2006

On 12/11/06, Mike Dent <mcdent at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I notice that when moving though the "Watch Recordings" menu, there
> seems to be about
> a 3 second delay when moving up or down through the recordings.

Are your recordings on a dedicated hard drive and do you have power
management for your hard drives enabled in your BIOS? If your hard
drive spins down, the I would expect this delay when you "wake it up".
But, if you see a delay when moving between any recordings all the
time, then it's something different.

As to whether it's good to let your drive spin down via power
management - that's probably a whole other discussion - depends on
whether you care more about power usage and noise or drive lifespan.

-Ross