[mythtv-users] Channel change script, PVR-150, and tinny audio

Robert Anderson riznob at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 18:43:12 UTC 2006

On 12/13/06, Brett Kosinski <fancypantalons at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I just updated from atrpms about one week ago.  When I looked at the
> > ivtv notes on their site, I also got the impression that the problem was
> >
> > solved.  Unfortunately, I am still seeing (actually hearing) the
> > problem.  Perhaps the problem I am having is not the problem I think I
> > am having.
> >
> > Here are the ivtv packages I have installed.  Hmmm.  Is it normal to
> > have two ivtv-kmdl packages installed?
>

> Yeah, since you'll still have the old kernel around, as well as the new
> one (for which the new kernel module package is required).
>
> Dumb question, but I presume you did a reboot to get the new kernel
> modules loaded?  If you do a 'dmesg', there should be IVTV-related logs,
> including the version number loaded.  I assume it reports 0.8.1?
>
> Brett.

I have 2 pvr-150s, both with tinny audio. To solve this issue, I have a
script that runs in the background on startup that simply loops infinitely,
running the ivtv-ctl commands that set the audio input for each tuner every
10 seconds. Yes it runs unnecessarily 99.9% of the time, but it works for
me. When I change channels or switch tuners, I have no more than 10 seconds
of tinny audio.

--
Rob Anderson
riznob at gmail.com