[mythtv-users] To install from source or apt-get ?

devsk funtoos at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 13 16:49:32 UTC 2006

I am not sure what the lure of Ubuntu is but if you are looking for an easy to install distro which can install packages automatically from source with tonnes of configurability (like whether you want aac or not), you should look at sabayon linux. Its gentoo at its core, so you can use portage to install pretty much everything from source. Portage is probably the best pkg mgr out there with dep tracking and choice of configure options (automagically determined from your USE flags) that you can pass to a package.

-devsk