[mythtv-users] Custom Record help, please

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Wed Dec 13 03:07:15 UTC 2006

John P Poet wrote:
> On 12/12/06, Robert Johnston <anaerin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 12/12/06, John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I want to craft a custom record rule which will match Crime and
>>> Mystery dramas.  I do *not* want reality crime shows.
>>>
>>> Looking through some of the shows I would like it to match, I see:
>>>
>>> Category: Crime, Drama
>>> Category: Crime drama
>>> Category: Mystery, Drama
>>> Category: Crime drama, Mystery
>>>
>>> Among the shows I do *not* want it to catch, I see:
>>>
>>> Category: Mystery
>>> Category: Crime
>>>
>>> I have tried to craft a rule which looks for either Mystery|Crime
>>> *and* Drama, but it does not work.  Can someone give me an example of
>>> how to do this?
>>>
>> Would not "(Crime OR Mystery) AND Drama" work?
>>

> That is equivalent to what I tried, but it results in no matches.
>
> If I try
>
> programgenres.genre = 'Crime'
>
> It will match a show with "Category: Crime, Drama" (and a lot of show
> I don't want)
>
> If I try
>
> programgenres.genre = 'Drama'
>
> It still matches a show with "Category: Crime, Drama" (and a lot of
> show I don't want)
>
> If I try
>
> programgenres.genre = 'Crime' AND programgenres.genre = 'Drama'
>
> It matches nothing.
>
> John

How about:

(programgenres.genre like '%Crime%' or programgenres.genre like
'%Mystery%') AND programgenres.genre like %'Drama%'

With my listing data (datadirect) this gives me Law and Order (all), CSI
(all), Sopranos, NCIS, Without a Trace, The District, 24, Quincy, and
numerous other shows. Is that what you are trying to get?

Tom