[mythtv-users] Adding second Tuner card problems

Jack McGee jack at greendesk.net
Wed Dec 13 02:59:25 UTC 2006

Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 13/12/06, Jack McGee <jack at greendesk.net> wrote:
>

>> When I exit mythtv-setup I get a message:
>> Card 0 (type) is set to start on channel 2, which does not exist.
>>
>> Can anyone suggest how to fix this?
>>

> i) Go back into mythtv-setup
> ii) Bring up the Input Connections page
> iii) For each input associated with a video source (check both cards'
> inputs) make sure the starting channel exists in the Channel Editor
> list.

Thanks Nick, that got me going in the right direction.  The starting
channel did exist, but I did see that I had two identical video sources
(but with different names).  I deleted one and I think that is what got
it working.  I exited mythtv-setup with no error messages.  Now to find
out if it will really record two shows at once :)