[mythtv-users] upnp pictures of screens

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Wed Dec 13 01:06:23 UTC 2006

> My suggestion is that if you want to playback high-definition right now, you
> should not use mythtv's upnp server.  Instead, use mythrename.pl and stream

 While I'm not doubting that you had problems I really don't see how the
myth upnp  code could affect audio sync. Stuttering or skipping due to
port performance or something maybe, but not av sync. The way the upnp stuff
works is that the upnp client connects to the server(via httpu) and does
an HTTP request asking basically "GET FILEXYZ,   BYTES 10000-15000".
the upnp server then responds with that specific data. It has nothing to
do with  playback or the audio streams.

 Now if you mean you are getting stuttering and such and maybe high CPU usage
on the server side I can think of a few things which might cause that (some I
plan to fix soon in SVN) but the actual playback of the requested data is all
on the client end.

 I'm curious on the specs of the machine you were serving the content from
as I'd like to try and replicate it if possible.