[mythtv-users] Video overlay issues?

Randy Ferrill randyf at cbcast.com
Tue Dec 12 21:36:16 UTC 2006

I am running FC5 and Mythtv .20 with a Nvidia Geforce4 MX440 (using QT
tried OpenGL same issue) using the 1.0.8774 driver when I restart my
frontend the menu's are all dark and hard to read and the video looks
like 16 color VGA.

Is this so kind of overlay issue? Can I post pictures to this forum?

If I go into the control panel and change the font this will fix the
issue until I restart again. I posted about this issue a couple of
months ago and within the last few weeks or so someone emailed me
directly with the same issue.

Also if I open an app so I can see Mythtv behind it the everything looks
correct

Here is my Xorg.conf file I am displaying on a monitor (vga analog) and
a TV (s-video)

# Xorg configuration created by system-config-display

Section "ServerLayout"
   Identifier     "single head configuration"
   Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
   InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
   RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
   FontPath     "unix/:7100"
EndSection

Section "Module"
   Load  "dbe"
   Load  "extmod"
   Load  "type1"
   Load  "freetype"
   Load  "glx"
   Load  "dri"
   Load  "v4l"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

   # generated from default
   Identifier  "Mouse0"
   Driver      "mouse"
   Option        "Protocol" "auto"
   Option        "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
   Option        "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
   Option        "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

   # generated from data in "/etc/sysconfig/keyboard"
   Identifier  "Keyboard0"
   Driver      "keyboard"
   Option        "XkbLayout" "us"
   Option        "XkbModel" "pc105"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"

#    Option         "DPMS"
### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
   Identifier   "Monitor0"
   VendorName   "Unknown"
   ModelName    "Monitor 800x600"
### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
   HorizSync    31.5 - 35.1
   VertRefresh  50.0 - 61.0
EndSection

Section "Device"
   Identifier  "Device0"
   Driver      "nvidia"
   VendorName  "NVIDIA Corporation"
   BoardName   "Unknown video card"
EndSection

Section "Screen"

#    Option         "MetaModes" "1024x768, 800x600"
   Identifier "Screen0"
   Device     "Device0"
   Monitor    "Monitor0"
   DefaultDepth     24
   Option        "RenderAccel" "True"
   Option        "TwinView" "True"
   Option        "TwinViewOrientation" "Clone"
#    Option         "UseEdidFreqs" "True"
   Option        "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
   Option        "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"
   Option        "ConnectedMonitor" "crt,tv"
   Option        "NvAGP" "3"
   SubSection "Display"
       Depth     24
       Modes    "800x600" "640x480"