[mythtv-users] OT Hardware RAID 5 Recommendations

Mike Poublon poublon at geeksoft.dyndns.org
Tue Dec 12 20:32:34 UTC 2006

Interesting, How much ram does the box have? The reason that I ask is
that you have to make sure that you dd a file that is large enough to
cause the machine to actually start writing to the disk instead of just
caching the writes to ram. I've run into the situation where a machine
with a large amount of ram, 4GB to be exact, wouldn't return consistent
results till I used larger file sizes that caused the write caches to be
flushed.

-Mike