[mythtv-users] Automatic converting HDTV to MPEG2

Boleslaw Ciesielski bolek-mythtv at curl.com
Tue Dec 12 18:09:13 UTC 2006

casey dunn wrote:
> One more thing about my scripts and the ffmpeg command.  My tuner
> cards are both  Air2PC v.2's they filter PID's in hardware so my files
> are really PS streams not TS.

No, if you are using mythtv to record them they are TS streams. Hardware
PID filtering does not affect this. The PIDs need to be filtered either
way (by hardware or by software) since there could be more programs on
the same frequency.

What is important is whether the PIDs for all audio tracks are included.

Bolek