[mythtv-users] how to automatically record MotoGP races

Michael Lynch lynchmv at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 14:12:19 UTC 2006

On 12/12/06, come se fosse antani <antani at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
> I would to record automatically (with the recording options provided
> by mythtv, such as "find daily") the MotoGP (and SBK, F1) races.
> The xmltv italian grabber show me the info about a race in this way
> Title: MotoGP Championship: Mugello, Italy
> Descr: The amazing motogp championship
>
> every race the xmltv info differs only for the GP Location, ever in the title.
>
> How can I queue automatically the recordings in myth?
>
> thanks,
> antani

This sounds like you just need to create a custom recording rule.  I
did one through mythweb to catch all college football games where my
favorite team played.  From within mythweb, click on 'Custom' on the
top menu (next to the 'Recording Schedules' link) to create a custom
schedule.  Leave the option 'Record at any time on any channel'
selected, select 'Power Search', enter a title for the search (ex:
MotoGP Racing), there shouldn't be a need for any additional tables
defined, and in the search phrase box enter this:

program.title like "%motogp championship%"

The % signs are a wild card in SQL syntax, so if a show titled 'MotoGP
Championship: Mugello, Italy' comes on, it will record it, and if a
show titled 'Road Test: MotoGP Championship' comes on, it will also be
recorded.  Leave the 'Find Date & Time Options:' as default and you
can change the 'Advanced Options' as needed.  Save the schedule and
you should start recording your MotoGP races whenever they are on, and
if you left the 'Duplicate check method' to the default, you shouldn't
get any duplicate recordings (unless of course the same race comes on
with a different title/description).

*Note - since I do not use an xmltvgrab grabber, I am assuming that
the Title line you mentioned is actually the title of the program (as
used by the database), not the subtitle.  If it is the subtitle, you
would just change program.title to program.subtitle.

Hope that helps!