[mythtv-users] Audio, but No Volume Control

Tom Corcoran tomc at osits.com
Tue Dec 12 10:06:20 UTC 2006

Hi

I have spent some time configuring my new MythTV box and am nearly ready
to start enjoying it bar one problem, I cannot control the volume!  The
volume is set at 'midrange' and when I turn up or down the volume via
hotkeys it makes no difference whatsoever.

My build is based on a mobo with on board AC97 sound chip (Intel), a PVR
500 MCE, a PCI nVidia FX5200 which hosts KDE based FC4 and MythTV .20.
All functions of Myth seem to work OK bar the Volume control in Live TV,
I am not sure about the volume in MP3 playback I will confirm.

I had a loop back cable from audio out on the PVR500 to Line in on the
Sound card but have found this seems unnecessary as when it is removed
audio is still present.  I originally had a bt778 capture card installed
and have since upgraded it to the 500 so i am unsure if this is related
to the problem.

When I run dmesg I see the following;

tveeprom 1-0050: audio processor is CX25843 (idx 37)
ivtv0: Allocate DMA encoder PCM audio stream: 455 x 4608 buffers (2048KB
total)
tveeprom 2-0050: audio processor is CX25843 (idx 37)
ivtv1: Allocate DMA encoder PCM audio stream: 455 x 4608 buffers (2048KB

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Is any further data needed to
troubleshoot further?

Many thanks for your time.

TomC