[mythtv-users] Help Using Linksys router and OpenWRT to wakeup my Myth box

Antoine Busch antoine.busch at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 22:11:12 UTC 2006

On 12/11/06, McNally <mcnallychris at pobox.com> wrote:

> I've written up a howto for using the Linksys router and OpenWRT to wake
> up the Mythbackend with WOL.  Thanks to everyone for the help and
> especially to the wiki writers whose instructions I followed.  It's just
> thrown together so edit as you see fit of course.
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Wake_On_LAN_Router#WAKE-ON-LAN_HOWTO_with_Linksys_WRT54G_Router

Thanks for writing this down. I may very well try this out soon on my WRT54GL.

It looks like there was a few typos with the numbers in the section
"Setting up the MythTV Backend". I tried to make them match the
screenshot...

Thanks,
Antoine

PS: a thought just occured to me: does WoL works with wireless?