[mythtv-users] Anyone verify 1080p (Aquos 46) with nvidia 6150/430 system works?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Dec 11 21:55:22 UTC 2006

On Dec 11, 2006, at 1:43 PM, Alex wrote:

> No need for a dual link to support 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz (148.5 MHz).
> A single link is limited to 165 MHz, however some older nVidia
> solutions were limited to 135 MHz.
> A 6200 is known to function well.
>
> Hope you don't get a 46" that exhibits the banding issues people
> have noted with that screen.  Otherwise it looks like a wonderful
> device and prices are getting lower.

I did a bit of research on this when I got my Westinghouse 42" LCD
and came to the conclusion that 1080i runs just fine with single link
DVI, but 1080p requires dual-link DVI since there isn't enough
bandwidth to display 1080p data over a single link DVI cable. That
didn't stop me from trying, though. I got big weird bands on the top
and bottom of the screen. Of course it's debatable if 1080p is even
worth the trouble, but since my display could handle it, I decided to
go for it. Now I'm all set when I want to upgrade to whichever high
density DVD format prevails.