[mythtv-users] Anyone verify 1080p (Aquos 46) with nvidia 6150/430 system works?

RParr RParr at TemporalArts.COM
Mon Dec 11 21:00:18 UTC 2006

I have been running MythTV on an older P4 with PVR 350/250.

We're getting a Sharp Aquos 46" 1080p monitor and I plan to upgrade the
front-end MythTV box to a small (must fit on a 12" bookshelf), quiet box
that can handle the HD.  I am very interested in the Lix Systems LX8100
(or the upcoming LX8200) which is based on the Asus M2NPV-VM motherboard
with on-board DVI.  I believe the DVI is single-link.  I had thought I
needed dual-link to drive 1920x1080 but received conflicting feedback
about that.

I need to verify that the nvidia 6150/430 based Asus can push the Aquos
1080p display through the requisite DVI to HDMI cable to full 1920x1080
resolution.  That is can it drive the display at 1920x1080p (I believe
that means 1920x1080 at 60hz).

If it can not, then I need to know if there is a low-profile, preferably
passively cooled, PCIe video board which supports at least one dual-link
DVI output. Maybe a 7300/7600 board?

Comments please from anyone with this, or similar, system.

Thank you
R.Parr, RHCE, Temporal Arts

P.S. If I should be asking this question elsewhere, please direct me.