[mythtv-users] DVI on GeForce 6200 to HDMI on Toshiba 30HF84 TV

Robin Murray robin at robinandmariette.com
Mon Dec 11 16:41:32 UTC 2006

I'm trying to connect my system using the DVI out on my MSI GeForce 6200
video card to the HDMI input on my Toshiba 30HF84 TV using a DVI to HDMI
cable. I never get a thing on the TV, as if there's no signal detected
coming from the graphics card.

I want to check here that I should get BIOS messages via this
connection, correct? Or would I only get a signal once the XWindows
drivers have initialized? I guess I'm trying to nail down if this is a
basic connection problem, or a problem with XWindows. Not knowing how
it's *supposed* to work hinders ones ability to figure out what's wrong.

I do see some sort of EDID exchange taking place in the XWindows log
(which I'm still looking in to), so I know the connection is there, but
I'm thinking that I should be seeing *something* before XWindows starts....

Thanks!