[mythtv-users] How to locate the correct audio track whentranscoding?

David Fishburn fishburn at ianywhere.com
Mon Dec 11 14:38:59 UTC 2006

> My problem is, when transcoding recordings to MP4, to watch
> them on my PSP, I often end up with one of these additional
> tracks instead of the main programme audio.

I just received my PSP and I am trying to figure out how to get videos on
this device.

Could you provide some additional information:
1.  Can you show me the mencoder command line you are using.
2.  The location on the memory stick where you copy the files.

> Bearing in mind that mythtv always selects the right audio
> track when playing back the original recording, how do I
> extract this information and supply it to the transcoding
> process so that I get just the audio track that I need into
> the transcoded file?
>
> (At the moment I'm running the mencoder task by hand, but
> once it's working I intend to set up a user job for it)

Given the response you just had from Robin with Perl code on how to select
the right track have you looked at this page:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Transcoding_for_the_PDA

Peter created a Perl script to handle the transcoding (which I am testing
this morning).  I am sure he would be interested in extending this script to
have it better handle audio tracks.

Dave