[mythtv-users] Questions about tuners, networking, and audio

David A. Caruso dcaruso at cox.net
Mon Dec 11 02:15:54 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I recently installed Myth 0.20 on a box with the goal of seeing what
Myth was all about before taking the plunge and setting up a dedicated
system.  Kudos to the devs...you all have created an impressive piece of
software.

At this point, I pretty much have everything I'm interesting in working
but I do have a couple questions and was hoping I could get some input:

1) Does the dedicated decoder on the Hauppauge PVR-350 introduce any
issues, configuration/hard-to-find-drivers/otherwise?  Does it need that
same patch ( http://www.blushingpenguin.com/mark/blog/?p=24 ) that the
PVR-150 does for its IR receiver?

2) How does Myth share movies/videos/recordings between frontends?  Is
it just an NFS share or is there some type of streaming involved?

3) 802.11g...enough bandwidth?  Specifically, enough bandwidth for
multiple frontends?

4) (This one might be a little OT) I haven't actually hooked the Myth
box up to a TV yet and I'm not much of an AV guy so I'm wondering how
that goes.  All my TVs are of the "old fashioned" variety, i.e. the only
inputs they have are coax and component (?) in (the red, yellow, and
white connectors).  Is it as simple as running the "yellow" wire from
the video card to the TV and then the "white" and "red" wires from the
sound card to the TV?

Thanks!