[mythtv-users] Queued my new user-job, now what??

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Dec 10 02:55:01 UTC 2006

* On Sat Dec 09, 2006 at 04:32:31PM -0700, Greg Grotsky wrote:
> You nailed it on the head Chris (as always).  I just overlooked the "Allow
> User Job #1/4" options in mythtv-setup.  I enabled it and voila!  User Job
> #1 started!  Thanks for the quick help.

When I wrote the JobQueue, I defaulted the settings for allowing the User
Jobs to run to false, while the allow settings for the commflag and
transcode jobs default to true.  I did this because nobody knew what people
would use the User Jobs for so I wanted people to have to make a choice to
run User Jobs on a machine, while I knew the commflag and transcode jobs
were fairly 'safe' to run anywhere so those are allowed by default. :)

--
Chris