[mythtv-users] capture card for DirecTV

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Dec 9 22:53:02 UTC 2006

On Dec 9, 2006, at 3:27 PM, Jeremy Tietsort wrote:

> Okay, lesson learned.  I haven't cared much about HD to this date and
> sounds like I won't need to for some time.  :)

Well things will eventually change. HD consumer camcorders are
starting to be affordable (at least to folks with many $$$). Small-
market TV stations will be wanting such gear and I believe Avid has
an HDMI capture device in the $4K range, almost "affordable", and
these should be available used as stations and small post houses
upgrade.

IMHO the biggest problem with HD is lack of available content.
Hogan's Heroes (on HDNet) is not any funnier than the SD version :-)
(Though the detail on the uniforms is amazing).

I guess sports will lead the way, but I'm not much of a sports fan.