[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: X-Gaming Joystick for MythGame

Preston Crow pc-mythtv06c at crowcastle.net
Thu Dec 7 19:06:16 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 12:56 -0600, greg at nodecam.com wrote:
> > If someone has it working well with an Atari800 emulator, then I might
> > need one; in the mean time, I've got a Stelladapter on my Christmas
> > list.
>
> I don't have specific Atari800 emulation experience, but most emulators
> can emulate joysticks via keyboard mapping.  It should be a simple matter
> of mapping it properly in your emulator's configuration.

The problem is that you're emulating something that expects to have a
keyboard and joysticks.  In many games, you need to use both, so having
a joystick that sends key clicks doesn't help you, unless you can change
the keys that it sends to be ones that didn't exist on the Atari.

I suppose it might be possible to remap the keys with using some of
the /dev/input tools.  Perhaps I'll hook up a real USB keyboard and see
if I can get the remapping to work.