[mythtv-users] How to replace an original recording with a file processed outside Mythtv?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Thu Dec 7 16:22:06 UTC 2006

Hi: I searched the archive and found one unanswered query from 2005.
Perhaps this is a heretical question, or perhaps everyone knows.

I've been using tools outside Mythtv to process recordings that had
problems.  When I have a version that I like, how ought I to replace the
original file and sync the database to the new properties?  Just
renaming the new file as the old file usually seems to work, but
Mytharchive still reads the length of the original.  And it would be
helpful to be able to change the file suffix,  eg from ,nuv to .mpg,
just to stop me getting confused.

Thanks for any help,

John Pilkington