[mythtv-users] Hauppauge Nova-T remote repeat value not incremented

Robin Neatherway robthebob at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 16:27:52 UTC 2006

Recently (I believe after an upgrade to 2.6.18 and lirc-0.8), no
repeat value is being incremented for this remote. I am using
/dev/input/event2 as the lirc device, and if I hold down any button
the repeat value is not honoured (this makes it quite difficult to
control).

As directed here: http://www.lirc.org/html/help.html and with
reference to this example:

0000000000f40bf0 00 1_DOWN ANIMAX
0000000000f40bf0 01 1_DOWN ANIMAX
0000000000f40bf0 02 1_DOWN ANIMAX
0000000000f40bf0 03 1_DOWN ANIMAX
0000000000f40bf0 04 1_DOWN ANIMAX
0000000000f40bf0 05 1_DOWN ANIMAX

my output from irw is similar, except the column that increments
remains 00 for all cases for me (and obviously I am not using an
ANIMAX remote and the hex values are different).

Does anyone here use a Nova-T remote with lirc and have any experience
of similar problems? If so, please speak up, or if you have it
working, please post your lircd.conf (mainly the beginning part as all
the buttons work OK).

Thanks,
Robin