[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun(QAM) and firewire at the same time.

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Dec 7 15:01:34 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 22:41 -0700, John P Poet wrote:
> I have a single cable box hooked up via firewire.  I have a
> comcast-digital lineup defined which lists all of the channels that I
> can get from this cable box.
>
> I decided to hook up my HDHR to my comcast coax as well.  It can only
> get a small subset of channels compared to the firewire attached cable
> box.
>
> I went to labs.zap2it.com to add another lineup just for the HDHR only
> to discover that it would not let me.  It says I already have a lineup
> defined for comcast-digital.  It does not matter what zip code I try
> to use, it will not let me define two comcast-digital based lineups.
>
> Is there a way in Myth to indicate that a tuner can only recieve a
> subset of the channels in a lineup?

Not really. I just have two separate zap2it accounts. The zip
code trick doesn't appear to work anymore :(

Connecting both the firewire and the hdhomerun will generate
a lot of activity on the zap2it servers as the two lineups
fight over which channels to keep in your lineup. I'm fairly
sure you could make it work if you created the lineup in the
right order (but I think describing how to do something that
will generate undue stress on the zap2it servers is a bad idea.)

-- Daniel