[mythtv-users] Find weekly - is it any good?

Ben Edwards funkytwig at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 15:00:29 UTC 2006

On 06/12/06, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> On Dec 6, 2006, at 12:43 PM, Mark Hetherington wrote:
> >> So my question is, are people using 'find weekly', how well does it
> >> work and how intelligent is it (i.e. does it use episode names,
> >> descriptions etc to try to stop the above happening)?
> I believe it considers a week 7 days after the last recording, not
> Sunday through Saturday (or Monday through Sunday, depending on your
> locale). That would explain why it waits to record something until
> the end of the week if it airs within 7 days of the last time it was
> recorded.

This would not help.  For some shows there are over 3 episodes in a 7
day period and each episode shown several times, 1 new episode and a
load of repeats.  The description is unreliable as it can be
re-written for repeats sometimes (UK radio times).    Recording an
episode and the next one that is over 7 days later could pick up
anything.

Anyone know the algorithm it is using?

Ben

Ben Edwards - Brussels & Bristol, UK, England
If you have a problem emailing me use
http://www.gurtlush.org.uk/profiles.php?uid=4
(email address this email is sent from may be defunct)