[mythtv-users] a/v sync is lost when watching recording in progress

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 10:52:18 UTC 2006

On 06/12/06, mail at peterschram.nl <mail at peterschram.nl> wrote:
> It seems the problem is even more serious. Also finished recordings have
> the same problem, although it takes more time to show itself. A recording
> of an hour will get a/v sync problems which are annoying enough to be
> noticable in the last 10 minutes or so. This is after 3 fastforwards
> through commercials during this hour.

This isn't a fix, but have you tried using the skip forward, instead of ff?

I've set the default skip forward to 30s and skip back to 5s and I can
usually get to the end of the commercial break quicker this way than
by using fastforward.

Even better, in the UK, many programmes seem to have commercial breaks
at exactly 4 minutes, so pressing '4' followed by skip forward goes
instantly to the end of the commercial.

HTH