[mythtv-users] Myth and Western Australia daylight saving time.

Johan Venter mythtv at vulturest.com
Thu Dec 7 06:32:50 UTC 2006

W.Kenworthy wrote:
> I found (in MythWebs config page) a time setting that is at +800 - I'll
> fiddle with this later tonight and see if that fixes things.  It might
> be a leftover from 0.18 where the auto timezone detection didnt always
> work well.  0.20's configuration seems to have lost the manual settings
> (or I cant find it in the Myth GUI)  This is an upgrade early
> 0.18->0.19->0.20 using gentoo's ~x86 packages so there is likely to be
> some cruft like this.

Surely this is just a guide data problem?

For instance here in Queensland I had to tell my tv_grab_au script to
remove an hour from every time when DST took effect in NSW as my guide
was also one hour out.

It can't be Myth's or Linux's problem if the data your populating the
database with is just plain wrong.

Johan.