[mythtv-users] Mythweb changes from SVN 12158 Problems

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Dec 7 05:38:48 UTC 2006

John P Poet wrote:
> On 12/1/06, Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net> wrote:
>> Matt Rude wrote:
>>> I restored the .htaccess file from a backup and it works fine now.
>>> So it must just be something dumb on my system.
>>> The only odd thing I'm doing with apache that I can think of is
>>> "VirtualHosts" ie. I have 3 sites/domain-names running off the same system.
>> If you want to do some debugging, try just copying everything between
>> the <directory> tags into your vhost definition.
>>
>> If that fixes things, I'll add a note to the file.
>>
>> -Chris
>
> I also had this problem under Fedora Core 6.  Turns out it was because
> I wanted mythweb to be a subdirectory under /var/www/html (e.g.
> /var/www/html/mythweb).  Once I moved everything to the top level, the
> problem went away.
>
> Having mythweb be a subdirectory used to worked fine with the .htaccess file.

Works fine with the apache conf file, too, if you follow the directions
and change the directory name in the file.

On the other hand, nothing is stopping you from using the .htaccess
file, which you might have noticed if you had read the commit message
about how/why it went away (or the messages on the -dev list along the
same subject, where discussions about the unstable version generally
happen).

-Chris