[mythtv-users] LIRC/Remote Troubleshooting

Robert Robert_Creager at LogicalChaos.org
Thu Dec 7 04:52:23 UTC 2006

mythusers at freakzilla.com wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, Aaron Blew wrote:
>

>> What versions of the kernel are you guys running?  Could this be an ivtv vs.
>> the kernel or lircd vs the kernel issue?
>>

> Lastly, my lirc device was /dev/licd0 rather than /dev/lirc. Rather than
> messing with udev I just symlinked /dev/lirc0 to /dev/lirc.

Hmmm.  Myth is looking for /dev/lirc?  Sigh.  My system has /dev/lirc/0
- /dev/lirc is a directory...  I'll try to fix that up and see what
happens...
What about /dev/lircd, which I do have?  irw uses /dev/lircd, which
correctly spits out the key presses.

Cheers,
Rob