[mythtv-users] Low profile prv's ??

Laura Hradowy lhradowy at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 15:11:26 UTC 2006

I made the mistake of purchasing the:
Hauppauge Wintv PVR-150 Media Center Kit MPEG2 PCI TV Tuner Retail Box W/
Certified MCE Remote

Before I opened my: P4 - IBM NetVista 2.53 GHZ

And realized that it is low profile! :(

Well I need to take the card back, but the thing is, is that this card came
with the remote. I was looking at the Hauppauge low profile card, and I do
not think it comes with a remote!

Being new to this, any suggestions. If I stick with the low profile
hauppauge, what do I need to get on top of this. I am assuming that I would
need some type of USB IR???

As well, I am taking back my:
Sapphire Radeon 9250 AGP because of the same reason.
Need composite or s-video.
Any suggestions? With out spending gobs of money.