[mythtv-users] Eskil's Mythmusic shoutcast patch

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Wed Dec 6 00:48:50 UTC 2006

> On 12/5/06, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:
>> Greetings
>> I'm trying to make sense of the Mythcentre theme to incorporate the
>> music-ui.xml for Eskil's Mythmusic shoutcast patch from either the GANT
>> or
>> Blue themes (which he has patched).
> I had the shoutcast patch working with the mythcenter theme without
> patching
> (i think of he had a patch for the themes on the site somewhere, i don't
> know anymore)
> I do now that after appling the patch(es)
> I had to change the default layout of the mythmusic 'tree'  within in the
> settings menu on the frontend somewere.
> After that if i'd enter mythmusic, did al left, i could see the shoutcast
> items,than an up, right and then there was a list of stations.
> did a new install and did not apply it again because i use mythstream now.
> (also does video stream albeit slow with 350 tv out)

The basic MythMusic layout is fine - but without the theme changes you
can't add or edit any radio stations as the edit field definitions are

I use MythStream as well but Eskils patch makes it easier to find my
favourite stations (and better WAF as well)

Guess I'll have to keep truckin...

Robin Gilks