[mythtv-users] DCT-6416 vendor id for 6200ch channel changer script

Stephen Sassman sassman1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 00:46:34 UTC 2006

I have a DCT-6416 connected via firewire. I am able to capture video, but
cannot change channels with the 6200ch script which I have compiled. I get
this error: Could not find Motorola DCT-6200 on the 1394 bus. I think I need
to add the vendor id for the DCT box before compiling the script. Anyone
know how I can find out the vendor id? I looked on the outside of the box,
but none of the numbers (serial #, model #, etc) look like the vendor_id
numbers in the script. The output of plugreport is below, but the GUID
number doesn't look right either.

Host Adapter 0

Node 0 GUID 0x0018c0fffe0f5dc8
oMPR n_plugs=1, data_rate=2, bcast_channel=63
oPCR[0] online=1, bcast_connection=0, n_p2p_connections=1
        channel=0, data_rate=2, overhead_id=0, payload=376
iMPR n_plugs=0, data_rate=2

Node 1 GUID 0x0010dc0001023cad