[mythtv-users] mysql on debian

Alex Malinovich demonbane at the-love-shack.net
Tue Dec 5 17:46:44 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 01:03 -0500, Scott Martin wrote:

> > On my system the backend didn't automatically run after setup. I had to
> > manually (as root) start it using:
> >
> > /etc/init.d/mythtv-backend start
> >
> > (you may want to try "restart" instead of start just in case it's
> > Already running or it THINKS it's already running.
>

> Hi Alex,
> This is what I see when trying to restart:
>
> homebrewpvr:/home/smartin# /etc/init.d/mythtv-backend restart
>
> Restarting MythTV server: mythbackendNo /usr/bin/mythbackend found
> running; none killed.
> .
> Session management error: Could not open network socket
>
> Thanks for your input, I've been reading the archives, Debian, mySQL
> trying to figure this out. I know it must be something stupid but
> can't put my finger on it

Hmm. Sorry I can't be of much more help there. I did do some digging
about the session management error. From what I've found it seems to be
a KDE/Qt-related error. That's just a guess on my part based on what I
found in trying to google that error.

Hopefully it'll at least get you going in the right direction.

You can try running an strace on it to see if that gives any clues. The
init script uses start-stop-daemon to launch the backend, but the actual
back-end command is (by default)

/usr/bin/mythbackend --daemon --logfile /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log
--pidfile /var/run/mythtv/mythbackend.pid

Make sure you have strace installed and then try running the above
prefixed with strace as root to see if that gives you any ideas.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837