[mythtv-users] HDhomeRun hookup question?

William Munson wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Tue Dec 5 16:07:11 UTC 2006

I am getting ready to buy a hdhomerun but have a question to put to the
group.

I run a wireless network at home (Apartment, no hole cutting allowed)
and expect that it will not have enough bandwidth to support 2 channel
recording off the hdhomerun thru the wireless. Is it possible to hook up
the box directly to my backend machine via a dedicated ethernet card and
a crossover cable? That would give a 100mbit dedicated channel for
recording.

Sound like it would work?