[mythtv-users] WinXP video editor suggestions?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Dec 5 09:27:50 UTC 2006

On Dec 4, 2006, at 11:00 PM, David Brodbeck wrote:

> Brian Wood wrote:
>> If you want to get fancy there is Cinelerra, a really full-blown
>> pro-quality editor that can do just about anything you want as far as
>> special effects etc. Only real problem is that the learning curve is
>> pretty steep.
>
> So are the processor requirements.  I have a 2.0 GHz Celeron, and even
> with OpenGL acceleration turned on it can't play video in Cinelerra
> without stuttering.

Good point. I'd never tried running Cinelerra on anything that slow,
but given what it can do what you say makes sense.

The OP was asking about editors for either Ubuntu or WinXP, in spite
of the subject line, and my only point was that there are a lot of
free choices for the former. Google for "Linux Video Editor" and you
will get a lot of hits.

As far as XP, in addition to what's been mentioned here already, most
of the offerings from Sonic or Nero etc. have some rudimentary
editing capability, but all are commercial. Guess I just figure most
folks here would prefer Open Source solutions if possible.