[mythtv-users] adjusting picture

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Dec 5 01:55:54 UTC 2006

On 12/03/2006 10:05 PM, Trey Thompson wrote:
>>> I know this is probably a basic question, but my picture's colors are
>>> all out of whack when I watch Live TV or recordings.  There's too much
>>> hue, not enough brightness, etc.  The MythTV GUI's colors seem okay,
>>> but its just the videoplayback that doesn't look great.  I have "Use
>>> XV picture controls" enabled, but I don't know how to adjust them
>>>
>> Bring up the menu when watching LiveTV or a recording, and choose the
>> Adjust Picture option. This will allow you to change brightness,
>> contrast, hue etc.
>>

> What would it mean if "Adjust Picture" isn't there?  I'm helping a
> friend with his box, and he doesn't have that option...

Perhaps he's using a video card that doesn't support Xv picture controls
(i.e. NVIDIA 6x00 series and above)

There's always the option of adjusting the recording picture controls
(hit G) rather than the playback picture controls (hit F), but doing so
may make the video look awful on other computers.

Mike