[mythtv-users] Ubuntu 0.20 and mythpretty.sh

Don Sheehan don.sheehan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 23:46:19 UTC 2006

> Don Sheehan <don.sheehan at gmail.com> says:
> > I really liked the way KnoppMyth made the symlinks to a /pretty/
> > directory via the mythpretty.sh script. (If I have remembered the
> > name correctly. I believe it was in contrib.) However, the 0.20
> > version in Ubuntu does not seem to have that script.
>
> less contrib/mythrename.pl
> perl contrib/mythrename.pl --help
>
> What I use in crontab:
>
> perl /usr/share/doc/mythtv-0.20/contrib/mythrename.pl --format "\%T
> \%- \%Y-\%m-\%d, \%g-\%i \%A, ch\%c" --replacement -
>
> Note that this actually renames the filenames as opposed to generating
> symlinks.

I have run sudo locate -u and then locate mythren and then locate contrib
|grep myth with no results. Looks like somehow the directory did not
install. Can anyone suggest how to install the contrib directory (or just
the mythrename.pl file) without overwriting a running install?

This is sounding more like an ubuntu/deb package question so I will
understand if there are no answers.

Thanks