[mythtv-users] MythTV Internal DVD Player No Sound

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 23:32:37 UTC 2006

On 12/2/06, Robert Seaton <bobs at itproscorp.com> wrote:

> When I attempt to play a DVD with my internal DVD-ROM the video starts
> to play just fine. However I get no sound. When I watch Live TV I get
> picture, and sound just fine. When I record a TV show, and play it back
> everything is also just fine. Anybody have an idea where I should be
> looking in order to resolve this issue? Thanks in advance.

As a data point, I get this same issue.  Except mine is intermittent
sound.  Same when playing certain types of files in MythVideo using
the Internal player.  The verbose console output spits a bunch of
these messages:
[mpegvideo_xvmc @ 0x5dd1728]invalid mb type in I Frame at 39 3

I posted to the list with no response
<http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/229942?search_string=intermitten;#229942>