[mythtv-users] UK EPG ITV Channels Problem

Mr. Demeanour mrdemeanour at jackpot.uk.net
Mon Dec 4 23:31:21 UTC 2006

Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:

> Mr. Demeanour wrote:
>> Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:

>> I use tv_grab_dvb; I forced a grab when I read this post, and
>> indeed the ITV channels appeared exactly as described. For example,
>>  in MythWeb programs appear as a shaded/colour-coded box, but with
>> nothing in them. I haven't particularly noticed this happening
>> before, and the missing data seems to start at 12:00am 4 Dec 2006.
>> E.g.:
>>
>> <programme channel="8263.dvb.guide" start="20061205220000"
>> stop="20061205223000"> <category>News / Current Affairs</category>
>>  </programme>
>>
>> E4+1 is also affected. So is BBC THREE:
>>

> As I mentioned before, the information varies across muxes. So for
> completeness you will need to do the following.
>
> 1. prepare a list of 6 channels, 1 from each multiplex (*) 2.
> shutdown the backend 3. tzap to a channel 4. tv_grab_dvb 5. repeat 3
> & 4 for each channel on your list from #1
>
> I can almost guarantee that you find the information on some muxes
> and not on others.

Interesting results:

* BBC ONE and BBC Parliament recover a lot more data than any of the
   other muxes. BBC ONE reports about 35,000 packets; BBC Parliament
   reports 26,000. Others report between about 600 and about 2,500.

* The ITV data remains incomplete (missing, in fact). There is no
   listings description or title for ITV1, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4, E4, E4+1,
   MORE4, Five, UK History, Five Life or Five US. I don't use any other
   channels.

* Freshly-collected Programme data is present up until 1:00am on Tuesday
   Dec 12, ending at roughly the same time for all channels. Title and
   description are absent at the end of this interval as they are for the
   present timeslot.

If the data isn't retrieved by tv_grab_dvb, then I can't see how it can
be grabbed by the internal EIT grabber. I thought they were both working
on the same data?

--
Jack.