[mythtv-users] WinXP video editor suggestions?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 23:27:02 UTC 2006

On 04/12/06, Pete Cap <peteoutside at yahoo.com> wrote:
> List,
>
> My DVR is really a glorified VCR...it is a headless server that interacts
> with a CSTB.  I access MythFrontend over a VNC connection.  This is fast
> enough to use the static displays but viewing TV or editing video over this
> connection is impossible.
>
> So, I have to rely upon the Myth cutlist, which so far has never worked
> (either a problem with nuvexport or the cutlist itself, I don't know how to
> troubleshoot either).  Can anyone recommend an alternate solution?  Is there
> any FOSS video editing software for either Ubuntu or XP?  I figure it might
> be possible to transcode the video and then use an editor to remove the
> commercials manually.

I would suggest looking at ProjectX and Cuttermaran - both use the GPL
and I've been using them for over 2 years now for correcting and
editing MPEG2 video and MythTV recordings.

I'd also strongly recommend VirtualDubMPEG2 (a modified VirtualDub
that can open MPEG2 recordings) if you want to convert MPEG2 to XVID
etc, due to the wide range of plugins available for VD.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/