[mythtv-users] OT? Nuvexport broken in RTjpeg to DVD mode?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Dec 4 22:18:04 UTC 2006

I've been trying to copy VHS to DVD using my v4l saa7134 card with the
RTjpeg codec.  The native recordings look like VHS recordings, but after
a pass through nuvexport on default settings they are badly pixellated.
A 3.2 Gb file came out around 400 Mb with all the settings I tried. Are
the recent problems with the ffmpeg rate units still lurking here?

FC5 system up to date via atrpms, nuvexport downloaded yesterday.

nuvexport of MPEG4 to DVD seems fine, but going through MPEG4 to get
MPEG2 feels inefficient.  Mythtranscoder doesn't seem to recognise the
'lossless' setting in RTjpeg input mode, either, so applying a cutlist
always produces mpeg4 ... eventually.

John Pilkington