[mythtv-users] mythtv pchdtv and zap2it

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Dec 4 21:49:01 UTC 2006

On 11/27/2006 09:56 AM, Greg Woods wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-11-26 at 17:55 -0500, Anthony Sheetz wrote:
>

>> I've got a pchdtv 3000 card that I'm trying to use with mythtv, and I've got just about everything working.  I just can't get program listings.
>>

> Don't look to me as an expert or anything here, but I've been playing
> around with getting listings for the channels picked up by my HDHomerun.
> What I have seen is that the critical factor is that the callsigns for
> the channels must exactly match the ones in your zap2it lineup.
> Callsigns can be set by hitting the "e" key while watching a channel in
> LiveTV, typing in the callsign, then navigating with the arrow keys to
> the Probe window and hitting return/enter. I had to go through every
> &*#*@! channel one at a time, keeping track of the ones that are not
> tunable and manually delete those later with the channel editor in
> mythtv-setup. All in all, it took me a couple of hours, but I now have
> guide data and some actual HD channels (although only the OTA networks
> appear to be available in HD unencrypted, i.e. without the cable box).

Again, not an expert here, but AIUI, if the callsigns match exactly,
Myth matches everything up.

That means, you can scan and then change all callsigns to match
DataDirect's or you can scan and manually enter xmltvid's.

I think Daniel is working on code to make the matching much easier.  If
not, I'm sure someone (possibly a user) will do so eventually.  :)

And, the most important thing--which I hope was apparent from Greg's
exasperation--is that once you complete the process, you should do a
backup of your database immediately.  Then, you have a "plain text" (in
SQL format) file that can be used to automate the process next time
(whether by grabbing only the one table, or--even better--by grabbing
the one table and modifying the SQL to do an UPDATE ... WHERE affecting
only the one column you're re-mapping.

Mike