[mythtv-users] Same channel on different sources. (DVB)

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 17:52:38 UTC 2006

On 04/12/06, Lars Michael Jogbäck <lm at swip.net> wrote:

> How should I best setup two different DVB-cards in MythTV?
>
> I have two cards, 1xDVB-T and 1xDVB-C.
> These have some channels that exist on both cable and on
> terrestrial, and some is only on each card.
>
> How should I set this up?
>
> I've created a separate source for each card, and then have
> the channels in each source, but with the same name and number.

That's good. For the scheduler to consider channels on different
sources equal, they must have the same CALLSIGN. For the EPG and
MythWeb to show a duplicated channel once, you must also give the
channels the same CHANNEL NUMBER. You may also want to specify a
priority for duplicated channels, so that the scheduler gives
preference to those channels on a certain source etc (For example, I
give preference to DVB channels over those also available on my cable
box due to the much higher quality recordings from DVB)

> Is this correct, or should I set the both cards in the
> same source aswell?

No. See http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/215794 for
Mike Dean's comprehensive answer.

Nick