[mythtv-users] UK EPG ITV Channels Problem

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Mon Dec 4 17:22:29 UTC 2006

Mr. Demeanour wrote:
> Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 09:07:53AM +0000, Ian Barton wrote:
>>> I have been using tv_grab_dvb happily with Myth 0.20 and Ubuntu
>>> Edgy. However, over the last couple of days I have been getting no
>>>  program descriptions with the ITV channels. The program start/stop
>>>  times and the category are OK, but definitely no descriptions.
>>> Other channels work correctly.
>>>
>>> Anyone else seen this?
>
> I use tv_grab_dvb; I forced a grab when I read this post, and indeed the
> ITV channels appeared exactly as described. For example, in MythWeb
> programs appear as a shaded/colour-coded box, but with nothing in them.
> I haven't particularly noticed this happening before, and the missing
> data seems to start at 12:00am 4 Dec 2006. E.g.:
>
> <programme channel="8263.dvb.guide" start="20061205220000"
> stop="20061205223000">
>          <category>News / Current Affairs</category>
> </programme>
>
> E4+1 is also affected. So is BBC THREE:

As I mentioned before, the information varies across muxes.
So for completeness you will need to do the following.

1. prepare a list of 6 channels, 1 from each multiplex (*)
2. shutdown the backend
3. tzap to a channel
4. tv_grab_dvb
5. repeat 3 & 4 for each channel on your list from #1

I can almost guarantee that you find the information on some
muxes and not on others.

(*) to save some hair pulling: BBC ONE, ITV1, Five, BBC Parliment, Sky
News, Film 4

!DSPAM:12,45745954165992076581833!